Enterprise System Catalog
Approved by California Governor Jerry Brown on October 11, 2015, Senate Bill 272 adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring state and most local government agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016, with annual updates.
An Enterprise System, as defined by Senate Bill 272, is a software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information an agency uses that is both:
- A multi-departmental system or system that contains information collected about the public
- A system that serves as a "system of record" or an original source of data within an agency
- Create a catalog of enterprise systems containing:Current system vendor and productSystem’s purposeDescription of categories or types of dataDepartment that is prime custodian of the dataFrequency system data is collected and updated
- Make the catalog publicly available upon request
- Post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency’s website